Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
The RSMS Visa is a permanent visa that assists Australian businesses to sponsor skilled workers to live and work in regional areas of Australia.
Applicants must be nominated under one of the following streams depending on the circumstances. The nominated position also must be full time, ongoing and available for at least two years.
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – when the employee has already been working on a 457 or 482 visa.
- Direct Entry stream – when the business wishes to employ a worker permanently.
- Agreement stream – when the employment is provided under a labour agreement.
- Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer in an eligible occupation;
- Be less than 45 years of age;
- Have relevant qualification and/or skills;
- Have sufficient English Language ability, as required (dependant of stream);
- Be of a good character and health.