Temporary Graduated Visa (subclass 485)
This visa is for students who have recently graduated from a recognised Australian educational institution. It allows you to live and work in Australia for 18 months and up to 4 years (depending on the visa stream and qualification).
To be eligible, you must:
- Be under 50 years of age;
- Have completed 2 years of study in Australia;
- With the minimum course duration of 92 weeks;
- Course and education institution must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students – CRICOS;
You must apply for this visa within 6 months from the date that you completed the qualification.
i. Graduate Work Stream
Your occupation must be in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and have a degree, diploma or trade qualification closely related to that occupation and be assessed by a relevant authority as having skills suitable for that occupation.
ii. Post-Study Work Stream
You must have completed an eligible degree at Australian Qualification Framework Level 7 or above. This means a:
- bachelor degree
- bachelor (honours) degree
- masters by coursework degree
- masters (extended) degree
- masters by research degree
- doctoral degree